Yemma has a passion for bringing music to children who would normally not have the opportunity to participate, as she sees the difference it makes in their confidence, their ability to learn and how it transfers to other areas of their lives.
She believes the ability to perform in front of an audience builds self esteem, courage and an experience never lost.
Yemma is a long time enthusiastic supporter of the Kāpiti Music Centre and what it offers children on the Kāpiti Coast. She has been involved since 1988 as a tutor, a Trust Board member and was Musical Director. Her involvement has brought her much joy and satisfaction over the years.ā
She loves the recorder when it is played at its very best, and the beautiful music written for this meagre instrument. She has been honoured to tutor and inspire senior ensemble and chamber groups to produce outstanding work over the years.
- Recorder Tutor at Kāpiti Music Centre since 1988
- Previous Kāpiti Music Centre Board Member
- Itinerant Music Teacher at Kāpiti College since 1994
- Chamber Music specialist
- Previous teacher in charge of instrumental music and choir at Te Horo School
- Previous music teacher at Pukerua Bay, Kāpiti Primary and Thomas Kennedy (also choir)
- Played in several Recorder Ensembles over the years - In England, Wellington and on the Kāpiti Coast and in KMC Recorder Ensemble